"Nomination for the Presidential ticket (the candidate’s electoral team whose members are nominees for FIDE presidential council) must be made within three months before the opening of the General Assembly. However, I decided to do it today," Ilyumzhinov said.
Ilyumzhinov's team includes:
1. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov (Russia) - President of FIDE.
2. Behgjet Isa Pacolli (Kosovo) - Deputy President.
3. Glen Stark (USA) - Secretary General.
4. Princess Rajadarasri Jayankura (Thailand) - Vice President.
5. Inal Sheripov (Belgium) - Vice President.
6. Tahar Battikh (Tunisia) - treasurer.
Nominated vice presidents:
1. Mair Mammadov (Azerbaijan).
2. Smbat Lputyan (Armenia).
3. Yang Junan (China).
The executive director is Willy Iclicki (Israel) and the press attaché is Philip Alimo (Ghana).
"Today, I decided to make nomination for the Presidential ticket – the team with which the delegate goes to the polls. It represents all the continents, all groups, and there must also be a woman in it," Ilyumzhinov said.
The election fund of the incumbent president of FIDE Kirsan Ilyumzhinov is 10 million euros.